Lenovo ThinkPad T450
As a user favorite, this laptop by Lenovo is a tough and durable laptop that is recommended by a plethora of users and critics for any businessman or businesswoman who needs a portable workstation that is more serviceable than an Ultrabook which simply doesn’t have enough battery power, computational power, ports, or features that are needed in the world of business.
• Standard with Windows 8.1 Pro; 8GB RAM; 256GB SSD Storage Capacity
• Intel HD Graphics 5500
• 14-inch screen size with a 1920 x 1080 IPS resolution screen
• 15+ hours of potential battery life
• Comfortable typing and navigation; Back-Lit, two-mode Keyboard
• Rugged Chassis; Spill Resistant Keyboard
• 3.8lbs in weight; Dolby Digital Plus audio; and heat control
• One USB 3.0 port; Ethernet connection; headphone/mic jack; Kensington lock slot; 4-in-1 card reader; 720p webcam; and VGO which is still used on projectors, conferencing systems, and other business machines.
The Lenovo ThinkPad T450s’s mix of speed, durability, lifespan, configuration options, and keyboard are better than nearly all of the business laptops out there. Users love the feel of the keyboard as well, citing quicker typing and words per minute, making it ideal for business use, where time equals money.
This is a top pick on almost every tech site’s list of 2015’s best business laptops.
Lenovo ThinkPad E550
The E550 is a less expensive alternative to the T450, but provides a modern style and professional power that will make for an excellent business-grade laptop. With high computer processing, additional memory, multitasking capabilities, a great user rating, and a sleek and professional style, this ThinkPad is one of the best business laptops out there.
• Standard Intel Core i3 processor; however, you can upgrade this to an Intel Core i7 processor, for optimal power.
• Windows options from Windows 7 professional to Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 (64-bit), this laptop offers customizations that can be chosen based on what business uses you will use this ThinkPad for.
• Intel HD Graphics and AMD Radeon R7 M265 2GB—with Intel Core i7 processor selected
• Up to 16GB of memory DDR3L at 1600 MHz (8GB + 8 GB), 2 DIMMS
• A weight of 5.21 pounds with the optical drive.
• 720p HD Webcam with an optional dual mic; perfect for business conferences and business use.
• Storage capability of this computer can be updated up to 1 Terabyte 5400 rpm HDD or 128 SSD.
• Audio includes dual array microphone, a combo headphone/microphone port, and Dolby Advanced Audio.
• Battery life is great for businesspersons with up to 9 hours of battery power with a 48 Whr internal battery.
• The new click pad is excellent and the optimized keyboard includes a numeric keypad—excellent for easy calculating and data analysis or input during business functions.
• Included is a 3.0 USB port, a 3.0 Always-On USB port, a 2.0 USB port, RJ45, 4-in-1 medica card slot, HDMI port, VGA, and Lenovo OneLink Technology.
This business laptop comes standard with preloaded Office 2013, cloud storage, Evernote, Lenovo SHAREit, and Skype. This laptop’s mix of durability, speed suitable for business purposes, easy-to-use keyboard, and modern aesthetic and functions made especially for business purposes, make the Lenovo ThinkPad E550 an excellent choice for a small to medium business owner or those who need their laptop for business purposes on-the-go.
Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon
For those with a little extra money to spend, the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon is a highly rated business laptop that can be considered an “executive” model. At a $1,142.10 starting price, the X1 Carbon is the perfect laptop for serious business needs and for those who work on the go.
• Intel Core processor up to i7-5600U (4MB Cache, up to 3.20 Ghz)
• This laptop offers Windows 7, 10 Pro, and Windows 10 Home (all 64-bit)
• Intel HD Graphics 5500
• Up to 8GB of DDR3L-12800 memory at 1600 MHz
• Display options of 14” WQHD (2560 x 1400) Touch Screen (270 nit), this is the optimum and apex of business laptop comfort and function. However, users can buy the same display without Touch Screen capabilities
• The X1 Carbon starts at only 2.877 pounds in weight, making this lightweight incredibly compact for the amount of power it provides
• The webcam is a 720p camera, with excellent uses for business conferences and meetings
• Up to 512GB SSD storage.
• Battery life is excellent, offering up to 10.9 hours MM12 (50 Wh) of life.
• Backlit 6-row Keyboard
• Ports: E2 x USB 3.0 (2 with AOU), an audio/mic combo OneLink Dock, an HDMI port, MiniDP, and an Ethernet extension port. This business laptop also features Bluetooth 4.0 for easy transfer of information or visual presentation to other displays.
The Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon is definitely the best rated Lenovo Business Laptop available for serious businesspersons with power needs, durability, multitasking, and long battery life. With the option to pack this compact laptop with serious processing power, powerful battery, excellent memory capabilities and having a Touch Screen option, this laptop has it all.